– Life happens. Get over it.
– Do unto others as you’d want done to you.
– Trust but always verify. People don’t like being fact-checked, but they get used to it if you always do it … and sometimes are better people because of it. Welcome fact-checking of yourself. I do.
– Never trust people that seem to always have all the answers.
– Beware of people that claim to know God personally and that fly a flag at every occasion … yet claim that my understanding of God is errant and my patriotism is misplaced because I don’t believe in X, Y or Z.
– Keep a dog nearby and feed it often. He’s your only best friend.
– Stay curious. Stay skeptic. Consider that you/I may be wrong.